Compared to the Armenian genocide, the Pontus Ιssue did not engage so much the international community. Following the traces of people expelled from their birthplace, the documentary Pontus aims to contribute to Turkey´s effort to reconcile with its history. Under the guidance of two academics from Turkey and Greece, we follow a journey through the past, where research meets testimonies, and objectivity meets official documentation. Crucial questions regarding the events in the area of Pontos will lead a young man from İzmir towards an exploration of his past and the realization of a new identity.
No scheduled screenings.
- Direction: Yorgos Demir
- Script: Evangelos Areteos, Yorgos Demir
- Cinematography: Yorgos Demir
- Editing: Yorgos Demir, Önder Kara
- Sound: Stelios Giansakidis
- Music: Evanthia Reboutsika
- Production: NewIDeas Production – Yeni Fikirler LTD STI
- Producer/Producers: Stelios Giansakidis, Kostas Pouskiouloglou
- Format: DCP
- Color: Color
- Production Country: Turkey, Greece
- Production Year: 2017
- Duration: 92'
- World Sales: Stelios Giansakidis, Kostas Pouskiouloglou (NewIDeas Production – Yeni Fikirler LTD STI),email@example.com